About Nicola J. Bloedel, photographer and portraitist
Now you’re here, you’d like reassurance that you’re dealing with a talented, passionate and skilled professional.
I have more than 25 years of experience in creating portraits that reflect my clients’ individuality.
I’ve been interested in photography since I received a Kodak Instamatic for my 9th birthday, after pestering my parents continually. My newfound passion was encouraged further when photos I had taken on a school excursion appeared in the local paper.
In 1993 I started my own full-service portrait photography studio near Seattle, Washington USA. This successful business catered for clients who wanted outstanding records of milestones such as weddings, family events, children’s progress and achievements — especially high school senior yearbook photos.
Our family moved to Brisbane, Queensland, in 1997 and I continued with my love for portrait photography.
I specialise mainly in on-location portraiture. This means I’ll go where you’re most comfortable, in your own environment.
My love of photography remains strong. I look forward to meeting you and helping you create lasting memories that reflect your individuality.
— Nicola J Bloedel
- Member of PPA, the Professional Photographers of America Inc. (1994–1997)
- Member of the PPW, the Professional Photographers of Washington Inc. (1993–1997)
- Recipient of numerous awards at the PPW’s annual conventions
- 1997 winner of PPW’s ‘Portrait Division — Best Woman’s Portrait’
- 1997 exhibited in PPA’s international convention held in Las Vegas, Nevada
Some of my satisfied clients in Brisbane
- University of Queensland’s Semester Abroad Office
- Talbot Press, Brisbane
- Shed Art, Brisbane
- Opera Queensland singer Rosina Waugh
- Real estate agent Stephen Dangerfield, Harcourts Ashgrove
- Real estate agent Peter D’Arcy, Professionals D’Arcy Real Estate, Ashgrove
- Ashgrove State School
- West Ashgrove Kindy
- Red Hill Kindy
- Queensland Youth Orchestra
- Lovelock & Associates Financial Services, New Farm
- The Tatty Tenors, Ashgrove
- Elders Ltd, Brisbane
- University of Tasmania’s Faculty of Education
- Spence & Turner Travel Associates, Brisbane
- Bikram Yoga, Bardon
- All That Dance Studio, The Gap
- Botanique Wearable Art Fashion Show, Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens